Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Joker's Wild

MY  JOKES AND ANECODOTES

  • A Brief Medical Joke Recently, my husband Bob was rushed into emergency surgery.  Unprepared, my husband questioned his state of undress prompting him to ask the surgeon, “Are boxers okay?” His question was met by the surgeon’s pause and reply, “Sure, but I prefer briefs.”

  • My husband waited in the car for me as I went into the stationery store. While waiting on line, my husband grew impatient and attempted to get my attention knocking on store front window peering in at me.  I became annoyed, yet before I could respond the lady patron behind me on line whispered advice into my ear, “Ignore him.” I smiled as I explained, “I can’t. He’s my husband.” 

  • After undressing for a bath, I remember I left the oven on and I abruptly walked into the kitchen stark naked to shut the oven. My husband, Bob walks into the kitchen and starts up a conversation with me.  Startled, I outburst, “I don’t want to have a conversation now while I’m dripping wet naked. I just ran out of the tub for a minute.”  My husband glazes at me sheepishly with his idea of an apology, “Sorry, I didn’t notice.”  
 
  • While waiting in a dentist’s reception waiting room, accompany by my twin sister, I took notice of two similar women waiting also together.  I gave them a “Good afternoon,” and nonchalantly asked them if they’re sisters also like my sister and I, given they’re appeared to be alike. Not to elude my question they smiled in return, yet seemed flustered as they shared with me, “Well, in some regard we are sisters but not like you and your sister – we’re nuns.”

PUBLISHED SATURDAY EVEN POST /PAYMENT FOR JOKE
A poster displayed on a downtown bus:  “Are you an adult that cannot read? If so, we can help. Call us.”


Published: New York Daily News -Won Tickets 

A stillness envelope two golfers’ game as a funeral procession drove by outside the golf course gated ground, the sight held them beyond their golf game.  Clearly off his game, one of the golfers removed his cap and bows his head in a silent prayer, as his partner retreated into a shunned silence by his sense of dramatize respect.  The praying golfer offers an explanation, “We would have been married 50 years today.”  Published:  New York Daily News -Susan Marie Davniero




Jokes and Laugher Submission that I overheard... 
One day at work my boss's young son visited the office. I hinted to the son, "Maybe when you grow up you can work here with your father." The precocious son replied, "Gee, I hope not!"
***
Picture this when I overheard two young schoolboys in conversation. One of the boys boast, "I never pay attention in school." His companion ask, "Isn't that a problem?" "Not really." the other one explains; "I was out sick for a week and didn't miss a thing."
***
Overhead at the bowling alley, one bowler was joking with his bowler partner of his resemblance to the cartoon animation "Fred Flintstone." The Fred Flintstone look-alike bragged "Yeah don't I." Adding "I wish I made his money!"
 Re: Humor Submissions
-How did the celebrity pay for his coffee? He paid with "Starbucks!"
-What did the astronaut use to win a match? An arm-strong.
-Sometimes cellulite is "just desserts."
-Don't ask the questions and then complain about the answers.
-Know thyself - or at least know where to look.
-A wrinkle is only a "nickle of time."
-She who does nothing wrong probably does nothing. 
-It's east to be an angel if no one ruffles your feathers.
-The older I get the better I was.
-If you don't stand for something, you fall for anything.
-Do not measure worth with knowing the price of everything yet the value of nothing.
-True wealth is in the number of things a person can afford to do without.
-Aim high to see the greater good.
Submitted by:
Susan Marie Davniero





THE MINI KITTEN
Published Pancakes in Heaven



When the mini was new


The kitten was a mini, too


From this feline so inspired


I wore my mini dress attire

A mini and kitten seem to fit

To be the “purr-fect” outfit


by Susan Marie Davniero

SANTA’S WINK
Published Great South Bay Mag

Santa’s wink
Christmas link
Makes me think
If my gift will be
Under the tree
Is Santa and me
Susan Marie Davniero

BALLOONS ON THE WALL


Balloons on the wall

When guests come to call

Spirited colors of balloons

To lighten up the party mood

Floating airy and light

The party goes all night

As the party winds down

Balloons are deflated now

Blown away crouching lower

The party is over


by Susan Marie Davniero


The Pendulum Swings 


Published Long Story Short

by Susan Marie Davniero 


From dawn to sunset brings

The pendulum of life swings

It was once upon a time

Of swings and nursery rhythms

Young girls at Sheepshead Park

On the swings until it got dark

Flying high chasing the clouds

My childhood days allowed

As I look back on yesterday

The pendulum swings the other way

By sweeping fallen leaves away

I long to swing again today

by Susan Marie Davniero

No comments:

Post a Comment