Monday, May 2, 2011

The Good Life


Inline image 13



Inline image 1




LAUGHING RAINING DAYS AWAY

Thanks to the Daily News we can laugh at rainy days with the Daily News Comic Pages Umbrella gift! 

Rainy days are fun days  using the Daily News "funny pages" umbrella.

Thank you for the promotional gift for subscribing to the Daily News- some things in life are free, after all.  

Susan and Robert Davniero

I wrote a poem about the Daily News Comic Umbrella:

The NY Daily News 
A Rainy Day's Laugh 

Daily News has a way
To laugh at a rainy day
Rainy days are fun  
With the Daily News pun
Of printing funny pages
On a umbrella swags
Thanks for the free gift
And giving me a lift
To turn rainy days
Into Happy Days

by Susan Marie Davniero





Mom’s Birthday Card on my 14th Birthday

When I cooked the family dinners


Cooking Up Wishes
Published Long Story Short

My cooking days from the past
Learning basics in Homemaking class
When I was a high school cook
Cooking family dinners when Mom work
Assistant Manager at the bank
At home I was Mom's assistant cook
With each of the family dishes
I was cooking up wishes
Pitch of love, a kiss of this
All went into the loving mix
Recipe's a taste from the past
Season with a lot of love to last
Nowadays when my family comes over
I serve the past recipe leftovers
Written by Susan Marie Davniero
 Compass 2 Clip Art


 TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK

At this second act in life I have learned not to regret about the roads less taken.  I made peace with the past not to look back yearning to turn back the clock. Life is a learning journey and it all takes time. You can’t return what you once brought.  Regret is natural for all of us at some time.  You cannot undo what has been done. Live in the now.

Forgiving yourself is often the hardest.  Forgive your past mistakes and all the misses – the words left unspoken, the job you didn’t get, the unrequited love, the one that got away.  Perhaps it all happens for a reason.  Destiny and fate placed you where you are today.  You have arrived.

Probably you would do it all over the same anyway. So why regret? Learn from past mistakes and missteps. Even at this second stage in life it’s never too late to say, “I’m sorry,” “I miss you,” or “I love you.” Forgive and forget.  Make that phone call, write that e-mail or visit an old friend. Memories can be still be made of this.

If you were too busy then make the time now, if you missed a job opportunity than volunteer to do it - there’s still a lot of living to do.  Places to go, people to see.  You’re not through yet. Make each day count.  Volunteer and help your neighbors.  Leave the world a better place than how you found it. 
All is not lost moving on falling into place in its own time. This is your story. Time wrapped itself around every day – each day another chapter is written in your book of life. Enjoy life and stop to smell the roses. Live each day as if it was last day – you won’t regret it. At this second act in life we come to realize what matters to us.  The time is now.  If not now – when? 

Alas, a lot may be over – but it’s not over till it’s over. The party isn’t over yet!

Susan Marie Davniero






YOU GOTTA' HAVE HEART


Heart 3 Clip ArtYou gotta have heart for Valentine's Day and to join in the campaign to fight heart disease during February's "Wear Red" campagin by the National Heart Association. The Valentine's Day heart shaped candy is bittersweet knowing that heart cardiovascular disease is the #1 fatality of women.


The association is leading the way women should go to find effective motivation and awareness. Women need to prepare for the inevitable journey in age for the beat to go on. Adopt a healthy heart diet and lifestyle. If not now – when? It's later than you think.


Go women and follow the advice of the National Heart Association for healthy guidelines, diet, exercise and check-ups to ensure a healthy heart. For Valentines Day this February take care of your heart – if you have the heart to do it. After all, you gotta’ have heart. 
Susan Marie Davniero 




THE PARTY ISN’T OVER YET




The stage is set for my second stage in life. It’s the best of times. It’s the worst of times. Such is the paradox of the passage of age. Best of times for I am wiser, experienced, and sassy at this age. Yet it’s the worst of times for I am this age.

What is happening in this chapter of my life is I’m getting myself back. I am getting back the creativity, ideals, volunteering and dreams back I had known in youth. I found what I thought I lost forever. And I am getting it back with confidence, wisdom and spirituality of age. Simply I came of age by aging. I am ready to turn the page in the book of life not knowing the ending.

The years lived have taught me what matters most and what doesn’t. Not to sweat the small stuff. I’m over all that. You may not have all that you want, yet you probably have all that you need.

I wouldn’t trade anything for what happened in the past – for it made me who I am today. To get here I had to be there; alas, perhaps paying the price at times along the way. With age there’s no return policy. I learned a lot to get here.

Although in youth it may have been all ahead of me I wouldn’t want to go back. Frankly, I can’t. Make the best of today. Live in now. Today I’m a new and improved me. With faith, love and charity I aim to ‘share and share alike’ inspired by my twin sister Laura.

You can’t go home again. The next chapter of life is still before me to be written. I can write my own story. The future is now. The path ahead will be easier to travel knowing all that I do now; rather than the roads less taken in youth.

Believe in today, after all, it’s all you really have. I’m still learning every day – replacing my yesterdays with today. I’m getting better at this game called life. The prize is yet to be won. The prize is within reach.

I can still make a difference and leave the world a better place. I’m not getting older I’m getter better. The party isn’t over yet!




Susan Marie Davniero

 

Food for thought – eat green to go green!

Reportedly a recent study found that the production of meat and diary products may account for half of the worldwide greenhouse gas emissions which translate into further pollutants to our environment. 

Essentially the production of meat and diary products is a force to be reckoned with in global forestry and wildlife habitat.  Essentially, nature cannot defend itself against the damage we create.  If we can switch to eco-friendly diet we can help save the planet earth. If you care about the environment try to serve meatless meals sometimes.

Perhaps the time is ripe to replace meat products in our diets with a healthy eco-friendly green plant based foods vegetarian diet.  You will probably be healthier for it. To save the planet earth erase your carbon footprints – eat green to go green.

Sincerely,

Susan Marie Davniero

 

Napa on the Menu  

As a vegetarian, Napa is my new find and favorite produce!  I’m always looking for new ways to add plant base nutrients to my vegetarian diet of meatless meals.  Napa is a low calorie, nutrient ripe enriched healthy light variable of Chinese cabbage. 

Napa is an uncommonly versatile cabbage that stays fresh in the refrigerator up to a week. There’s a lot you can do with Napa – dice it up, spice it up and pair it with stir-fry vegetables or chow mein. I mix it up on the stove top in water with spinach or broccoli flavor with oregano.
Apparently Napa is loaded with nutrients, such as; vitamin C and E, calcium rich, and good for digestion. Essentially, I can eat up all the nutritional benefits with every serving. Mom always said to eat your vegetables green.  Connect to your nostalgic past by eating your vegetables.  Mother does know best after all.
Perhaps for the environment and to save the earth the time is ripe to replace meat products in our diets with a healthy nutrient green plant based food such as Napa. Essentially eat green to go green.
I often turn to low calorie Napa to maintain my good health and stay in shape. Eat green to stay lean! Napa is my new go-to food to keep me going. 
 In the opinion of Susan Marie Davniero

TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK

Compass 2 Clip Art



TAKE THE ROAD TO BEAUTY



Take the road to beauty. It's the trip of a lifetime. Bring with you a healthy road map for the ride. You’ll get a lot of mileage by a healthy diet, exercise and active life style to make the trip.

There’s no speed limit to reach beauty. At every age speeding by you can still get there. You’re exercising speeds up energy and vitality to fuel the journey.

Go with the curves in the road avoid steering off course crossing over into the ditch of bad habits. Highly processed foods strip the paint body of life. Don’t stop for junk food which clogs up the body’s engine. Eat junk and become junk.

Avoid the bumps of neglect, abuse and negativity along the way. Stay in gear, steady and positive. By pass the detour down the road to smoking and drinking that cross lines. Stay in your lane straight, sober and safe. Get your street smarts along the way to get sleep, check-ups, diet and exercise plan to stay the course. Ride out the storms of stress stopping to take breaks at rest stops.

Take the healthy road, bear to the right direction down the road. It’s the only way to go. Love yourself to take care of yourself. Get the check up for maintenance for a tune-up with a beauty routine. Brush and floss teeth for a shiny bumper, condition hair for a glossy finish, makeup for a touch up paint job and moisture your coat.

A good healthy diet feeds your body. The days of reckless driving down the path of binging and starving are over. Yet, age doesn’t have to wither beauty. Find your own way because every woman is beautiful in her own way at every age.

After years of driving beauty takes its toll. Yet, by living a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise and beauty regime you’ll look like a new model. Go full speed ahead. The road to beauty never has to reach a dead end. Be the best you can be, because you’re beautiful at any age.


Susan Marie Davniero

THE SECOND STAGE MENU


To maintain a healthy lifestyle of the right foods and right choices in life is no mean feat for any of us at any age.  Yet in this second stage we need to prepare for the inevitable journey in age. Now is the time to select from the second stage menu.  

The lost of wellness and vitality may be alleviated by the change-over to healthy diets such as vegetables, lean proteins, calcium, soy, and low fat/calorie foods.  Healthy mind, healthy body at any age. 

At my second stage in life, I personally adopted at vegetarian diet without regret or deprivation, given the award of a slim size 6 figure, youthful appearance and good health.  It’s all worth it, in my opinion.  My diet consists of heart friendly foods such as assorted vegetables (such as; broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and Napa Chinese cabbage) green tea, soy and tofu protein products.

A healthy diet and lifestyle may be attributed to the avoidance of heart disease, high blood pressure and aid to monitor cholesterol, metabolism, and digestion tract and to looking good! Looking good is our best defense.

Yet inasmuch as no lifestyle change or disease proof food is intended to replace medical check-ups and prescribed medication, they are supplemental to a regular medical health regimen.  Do not try to diagnosis yourself.

Perhaps we should decide to follow the advice of the National Heart Association of healthy guidelines, dietary menu and check-ups to ensure a healthy heart.  Put your heart into a healthy regimen and love yourself – if you got the heart to do it!



Susan Marie Davniero




READING THE VITAMIN BOTTLE ISN’T ENOUGH

PUBLISHED WOMAN'S DAY MAGAZINE

I question the benefits of calcium supplements.  

Fed on the onslaught of varied women magazines and TV programs, such as Dr. Oz, promoting calcium supplements I anatomically surmise the supplement was needed, given I was thin and petite fitting the prototype.

Women magazine articles essay exist to sell products and apparently calcium supplements was yet another product to be sold to readers. Although I was in very good health with no sign of a calcium deficient, alas, I brought into the calcium supplement craze.

Thus, I was taking calcium supplements believing everything I read. A routine annual physical exam proved otherwise. My annual physical exam revealed an excessive calcium deposit in my blood count.
The physician confirmed the calcium excess was resultant due to the calcium supplements and he instructed not to take the supplements. After I ceased taking the calcium supplements, in due time my blood count resume to a perfect normal ideal consistency of calcium reading.
A Doctor’s exam gives precedence over self-diagnosis or what one may read in a magazine or watch on TV shows. A certain article or TV show should not be in lieu of a physical examination by their doctor. 

The new normal for me - no supplements unless prescribed by a Doctor. I will no long diagnose myself. Thy shall not diagnose thyself. Alas, reading the vitamin bottle label isn't enough.  
Written by Susan Marie Davniero 



Reader Tip - Will Sweep You off Your Feet   






This tip will sweep you off your feet! For women with tired legs find instant relief for tired aching legs…try wearing ankle support bands! Wear the ankle pants under pants, at home around the house, doing chores and even sleep with the ankle elastic bands on, which are affordable sold at Walmart 88 cents and Dollar Stores.   

 

The ankle bands are not just for strain ankles.. these simple ankle support bands will soothe to revitalize, aid, and perk up tired feet and legs and eliminate excess water. I know...because since I've been wearing them my legs are never tired anymore.  And my sister tried my tip and now her legs aren't tired anymore.  


Listen girls, all of us have tired legs...especially working women and it starts at any age. So why not try it? I’m not pulling your leg – for your aching feet and tired legs try on a pair of ankle band straps! It's an inexpensive treatment- anyone can afford it. 


Try it once and you'll be telling all your girlfriends about it. You’ll be up on your feet running the race of your life.  Kick up your heels and party on!   
Written by Susan Marie Davniero
 

Reader Tip – Ring Around the Color Blues

 No more ring around the color on my husband’s white shirt collar when I simply apply Ivory pure white soap bar rubbing the collar stain. Let it pre-soak and then run hot warm almost hot water to remove the ivory soap. Note: Washer/dryer fails to remove the stain. You need to wash by hand.  

Hang to dry the wet shirt. Presto! The ring around the collar stain is gone! Now the only ring my husband wears is his Wedding Ring!
 
Written by Susan Marie Davniero
Return to Dallas




Suddenly we’re back at Soutfork in Dallas from the 1978-91 season’s run with record TV’s ratings. After “Who Shot JR?” we never looked back.
That was then and this is now – Dallas: The Next Generation. We’re back at Southfork hanging out with all the scheming Ewings of Dallas: The Next Generation. There’s no generation gap in this family - the story continues.
By tuning into TNT Dallas: The Next Generation, you can go home again.
  
Susan Marie Davniero

SECOND ACT 


Beyond youth dreams, in age one can choose to evolve and stay active in age. As one matures one should continue to be informed and be inspired to make a difference. 

In the Second Act of life we should aspire to leave the world a better place than how you found it. Essentially, age is assessed not by what is but it is not – and it need not be decline, deterioration or disengagement from society.

This stage in life is not a period of decline. There is hope for the future to flow from the fountain of age experience and empower to care, share and dare to be active, volunteer and be involved.  

The passage of time does not need to show if you adopt healthier choices in this Second Act.  We have control over how we age. Aim to move forward to defy age by way of being a fit, vibrant, healthy youthful appearance – proving aging can look good and you still can do good as you age.  Looking good in age is our best defense.

We’re not getting older – we’re getting better. The party isn’t over yet.




Susan Marie Davniero




  MEMORIES IN A BOTTLE

From single days of long ago
When boyfriends would come and go
Wine bottles were my souvenirs
 Boyfriends from my dating years

I would order a bottle of wine
Asking my boyfriends to sign
Taking home the empty bottle left
To display on my bedroom shelf

Wine bottles stood tall on a row
Yet, the only bottle I have now
From that old collection stand
Is from Bob, my husband  

It is the only one bottle I kept
From my wine bottles collection set
There in a corner it wobbles
Memories in a bottle

By Susan Marie Davniero







Susan with her Balloons Creations



Balloons Creations
Published Pancakes and LSS issues

Susan fashions
Balloons creations
Rainbow of gifts
Spirits rise and lift
Worries blow away
Skip to another day 
Ribbons tied up in a bow
Problems fly to tomorrow
Living a day dream when
I feel like a kid again


Susan Marie Davniero

YOU GOTTA' HAVE HEART


Heart 3 Clip ArtYou gotta have heart for Valentine's Day and to join in the campaign to fight heart disease during February's "Wear Red" campagin by the National Heart Association. The Valentine's Day heart shaped candy is bittersweet knowing that heart cardiovascular disease is the #1 fatality of women.


The association is leading the way women should go to find effective motivation and awareness. Women need to prepare for the inevitable journey in age for the beat to go on. Adopt a healthy heart diet and lifestyle. If not now – when? It's later than you think.


Go women and follow the advice of the National Heart Association for healthy guidelines, diet, exercise and check-ups to ensure a healthy heart. For Valentines Day this February take care of your heart – if you have the heart to do it. After all, you gotta’ have heart. 


Susan Marie Davniero

No comments:

Post a Comment