Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas In New York





Susan and Bob "The Honeymooners"
Broadway New York City Our Honeymoon July 1979

CHRISTMAS IN NEW YORK

Published Long Short Story Dec. 2012


This time of year
New York’s cheer
Visitors see the sights
By New York’s lights

Christmas serenade
Santa Claus parade
Coming out to see
Rockefeller Center’s tree

Park Avenue by way
Store windows display
Tiffany’s glitzy gifts
Merry spirits lifts

Broadway shows
New York’s aglow
Museum of Art
The city at heart

Christmas foretells
Sidewalk Santa’s bells
St. Patrick’s cast
The Midnight Mass

Crowds at Times Square
New Year’s Eve – be there
Take a holiday walk
Christmas in New York  

Susan Marie Davniero




Susan, Bob and Mom
Rockfeller Center NYC
(Dad took Photo)

ALL IN NEW YORK CITY


The people flock
Upon city blocks
To find there
Sites everywhere

All sharing streets
The city pulse beats
East side, west side
From far and wide

Tours meeting
For sightseeing
Memory intact
City streets map

Take a Taxi fare
Lights of Times Square
Walk Central Park
Visit Museum of Art

Dress in Fifth Ave.fashion
Politics of Gracie Mansion
Glitzy Theatre district
Church of St. Patrick

The Four Seasons
The U.N. allegiances
Statue of Liberty
Feasts in Little Italy

Too much to list to see
All in New York City

Susan Marie Davniero

Add caption

Susan Marie Davniero


Bob and Susan with Santa
Knights of Columbus Lindenhurst Flea Market

CHRISTMAS BELLS

Published Pancakes in Heaven

Hear Christmas bells
Blessed holiday tells
In joyous tinkling
Listen bells jingling
Let us all rejoice
Harmony in voice
Carolers in rhyme
With every chime
Christmas bells ring
Gathering we sing

Today all is well

Hear Christmas bells

Susan Marie Davniero




IN SEARCH OF CHRISTMAS LOVE
Published Coffee Grounds for Breakfast

In search of
Christmas love
Glitter left behind
I come to find
Holy silent night
By the star’s light
Guided path’s way
On this sacred day
Hail to His praise
Blessed our days
Hear Angels sing
Our Savior King
This blessed eve
Faith will believe
Christ our King
Gift of everything
Behold Jesus birth
Peace on earth
In search of
Christmas love

Susan Marie Davniero



Coffee Grounds for Breakfast Published





Published This Week Newspaper

Unwrapping Christmas Day
Dedicated to husband, Bob
Published Long Story Short
My husband Bob’s birthday
Is nearby Christmas Day
His December 23 birthday
Comes only two days away
Christmas Eve is tomorrow
And yet it is Bob who follows
The Lord Jesus Holy way
Unwrapping Christmas Day
Wishing Bob Happy Birthday
written by Susan Marie Davniero
 
 
Coffee, Dad and Me
(In memory of Gerard Fischetti)
Published Long Story Short
I was only five that Christmas morn
When I woke at the crack of dawn
I dash to look under the Christmas tree
To find a Christmas present just for me
It was Tea Cup set in blue plastic
Packaging read toy Wedgewood replica
With tea cup and saucer in my hand
To the kitchen in slippers scurrying I ran
I went to pour coffee for Dad and me
He preferred coffee to a pot of tea
Drinking from my cup to my lip
Plastic bitter taste with every sip
Although just the same
Daddy didn’t want to complain
He had good taste and was polite
Even if the coffee he didn’t like
I knew he did it because he loved me
More than he loved any cup of coffee
That one Christmas season
My Dad taught me a lesson
Sometimes good taste would
Not always taste good
Written by Susan Marie Davniero
 
 SANTA PULLS THE CHRISTMAS STRINGS 
Published Long Story Short


I recall the Christmas morning of yesteryear when I was growing up. That morning my sisters and I hurried down stairs to our red and white checkered Christmas Stockings with our names in sparkles. We all found one of a “Dennis the Menace” (comic character) puppet set in each of our stockings.

Happily by chance there were three puppets in the set – each for one of us. Maybe that was why “Santa” would give us the set of three knowing my parents always taught us to share and share alike.

Santa gave me the mother/wife character puppet with blond hair wearing apron, because Mom always told me I had a heart of gold, Santa gave my older sister, Teresa the father puppet for she was the older sister, and my twin sister, Laura, received the star puppet – Dennis the little rascal running around town – much like Laura’s high spirit.


But who knew that I would one day grow up to be a married wife, Teresa would wear glasses and Laura would grow up to marry a man named, “Dennis” a little rascal of his own - yet this time she didn’t pull the strings.


Apparently Santa knew and pulls the strings on Christmas. Santa knows best after all. 

Written by;
Susan Marie Davniero

Photo Attachment Me and My Sisters w/pupperts (Susan Laura and Teresa Christmas Morning)

SANTA PULLS THE CHRISTMAS STRINGS  
Published Pink Chameleon 

It was a Christmas morning of yesterday
When our stockings hung on the stairway
My sisters and I hurried down the stairs
To find our Christmas stocking gifts there
Santa came and gave my sisters and me,  
Puppets from ‘Dennis the Menace’ family  
Santa gave me the wife with blonde tresses
Teresa unwrap the Dad puppet wearing glasses
Laura’s gift was Dennis the child of the three
‘Tis all came to be our Christmas destiny
For one day I grew up to become a wife,
Teresa wore glasses most of her life,
and Laura fell in love and married
to a man named Dennis he carried
This is a memory that Christmas brings
When Santa pulled the Christmas strings

Susan Marie Davniero

























Yesterday’s Christmas Blues
Published Pancakes in Heaven

After Christmas Day
A snapshot of yesterday
There by trash cans I see
A discarded Christmas tree
Once green and alive tree
Is now all but a memory
After Christmas Day I miss
All the blessings of Christmas
Gather all the people and try
To keep the holiday spirit alive
Living each and every day
As if it was Christmas Day
Like returning holiday gifts
Exchange what doesn’t fit     
Yesterday’s Christmas blues
For today’s good news

Written by Susan Marie Davniero





N.Y. films have affairs to remember

                                   New York Daily News






'Miracle on 34th St.''Miracle on 34th St.'
When we asked for your favorite local holiday movies, we had a feeling one might pull ahead of the pack--and you didn't prove us entirely wrong.
"My favorite is 'Miracle on 34th Street,'" Susan Marie Davniero, "given that it celebrates the meaning of the holiday season: you have to believe even when common sense tells you not to. Watching it is like unwrapping a gift. Miracles do come true in the movies."






CITY LIMITS


A home to find
In a city skyline
Map a guide book
Worth a second look
See people meet
Walking the street
Your favorite places
The neighbors’ faces
Streets are calendars
Of who you are
It’s all still there
Here and everywhere
The city saw all that
And remembers what
It took to make it
Within city limits

Susan Marie Davniero
BABYLON BEACON PUBLISHED

Christmas Presents - Christmas is not about the Christmas presents...it is about being present  at Church Mass, visiting, volunteering, or being with the ones you love and family and friends. Give a priceless present of yourself for a true Christmas gift. Be present this Christmas.
Sincerely,

Susan and Robert Davniero






No comments:

Post a Comment